Table of Contents
- Auroth Tactical Dog Harness
- ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness
- Rabbitgoo Tactical Dog Harness
- OneTigris Tactical Dog Harness Vest with Handle
- BUMBIN Tactical Dog Harness
- Buyer’s Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Larger dogs can be tricky to handle with just a collar and a lead. As a larger animal, they have more power than a smaller dog.
So it can often be all too easy for your large dog to pull at the lead, taking you for a walk rather than the other way around.
If you have a working dog such as a German shepherd, this can pose a problem when your enthusiastic dog is a little trickier to handle.
This is where a tactical dog harness will come in handy. This type of harness has been designed with larger dogs in mind, and will give you the better control you need.
Because of this, they are often used in military and police work. But with so many different types of tactical harnesses on the market, how can you be sure that you’ve found the best tactical dog harness?
We’ve done all the hard work so that you don’t have to. We’ve researched and reviewed over 50 tactical harnesses to find the very best that the market has to offer.
We used a list of strict criteria to select the top 5 tactical dog harnesses, so you can rest assured that you have found the best of the best. So let’s take a look at the best tactical dog harnesses!
Out of all the tactical harnesses that we tested, the Auroth Tactical Dog Harness easily came out on top. This particular tactical harness came with a range of great features that will be super handy for your working dog.
What we really liked about this tactical harness is that it comes in multiple colors and sizes. So you can easily choose the size that best suits your dog.
It will be best to measure your dog beforehand, and then you can choose the best size for their needs.
This particular harness comes with a MOLLE system so that you can attach additional equipment to your dog’s harness while you’re out on the trail.
This gives it a wonderful versatility that will be highly practical for a number of different applications.
You won’t have to worry about this tactical harness letting you down. It has been designed to be heavy duty, so it will be able to withstand whatever you and your dog have to throw at it.
It has been constructed using a durable material and practical stitching to last you for many years to come.
- MOLLE system – can be used to attach various pieces of gear to the tactical harness
- Multiple sizes – choose the best size harness for your dog’s breed
- Easy to adjust – you can easily adjust the harness as needed thanks to the adjustable straps
- Size differs – it will be best to measure your dog’s chest size to find the best sized harness for their needs
Also available at…
- EASY ADJUSTMENT: Put on and take off this product with 2 quick-release buckles with no hassle. 4 fully adjustable straps (2 Shoulder and 2 Chest) allow a snug fit with maximum mobility.
- DURABLE MATERIAL: Our heavy duty vest made of 900D Nylon with sturdy stitching for extra durability, suitable for all fields use. Two rings can bear great pulling force , ensuring your dog is safe during training, hunting, working, and any other occasions. Well padded in every pressure load point to protect your dog’s skin, while the breathable air mesh keeps your dog comfortable.
- Molle System Use: Two 1" strips of Molle Sewn on both sides, allow your dog to carry gear in training. A wide range of use for personal service, law enforcement, hunting, or outdoor recreation. (Included ID Badge - BEST FRIEND ). It compatibles with Molle /PALs Pouch, so you can also hook dog bowl, water bottle and toys(No included).
- MAXIMUM CONTROL & SECURITY: Our safety harness features 2 metal leash attachment points to dog walks safely - One front clip for No-pull control or dog training, and the other one back clip for casual walking or jogging.
- SATISFACTION WARRANTY: Please reference to the sizing chart. Against any quality issues - Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we are always here to help 🙂
Next up is the ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness. This was another popular choice when we tested the tactical harnesses. It comes with a range of great features that will make it the perfect choice for both professional and personal use.
What we really liked about this tactical harness when we tested it is that it’s available in multiple sizes. So you can easily find the right sized harness for your pet’s needs. There are also multiple colors to choose from so that you can find the best harness for your favored application.
You won’t have to worry about your dog pulling while they wear this tactical harness. This particular harness comes with multiple leash attachments for you to choose from, as well as a no pull front clip. So you can better control your dog while you’re out and about.
One of the best things about this tactical harness is that it features a MOLLE system. This allows you to attach additional pieces of equipment to your dog’s harness as needed.
- Multiple sizes – choose the size and color that best fits your needs
- Easy to clean – simply hand wash with a little bit of detergent then air dry
- Safety control – gives you multiple leash attachments so that you can find the best for your dog
- Measure – recommended to measure your dog before you purchase the harness to get the right size
Also available at…
- [Size & Care instruction] 1:Please choose right size base on ICEFANG size chart , Small(Neck:14"-18" ; Chest:22"-27");Medium(Neck:16"-22" ; Chest:25"-31" );Large(Neck:18"-24" ; Chest:28"-35");X-Large(Neck:20"-28" ; Chest:32"-39"); 2:This Harness is not to be used with a tie out;3:Burn and solidified the end of strap if necessary ,Make Sure the end of strap is not fraying; 4: Washing: Hand-wash with detergent, rinse with clean water, allow to air dry.
- [2x METAL BUCKLE]: 2 x Metal Buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog Shoulder Position which the most Load Bearing Point When Dog Pulling, 2 x POM buckle (250 lb Proof-Load Test ) on belly Position;Sewing by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and Heavy load Point
- [NO PULL/SAFETY CONTROL]: Connect leash to No pull front clip,redirect the dog forward motion and make dog's leg off the ground ,Allow you to Control the puller with few effort and training your dog to walk beside you; Back Leash Clip for well-trained dog normal Walking;Durable Handle is Sewn Tough and Large Enough to Grab the Harness Quickly and Easily When Walking in Crowd ,Also Lift Your Dog When Getting in/out of the Car
- [HANDS FREE CARRYING ]:Two 1" Strips of Molle (Small: 3 x Hook & 2 x Loop ; Medium: 4 x Hook & 2 x Loop ;Large/X-Large:5 x Hook & 2 x Loop) Sewn Onto Both Side,Allow Your Dog to Carry Gear in Training / Daily Walking/Adventure Hiking, it Compatible with Molle /PALs Pouch,You Can Aslo Hook Dog Bowl,Water Bottle and Toy Through D shape Carabiner (No included)
- [DOG IDENTIFIED]:Three 1" Strips of Hook and Loop Panel Sewn onto Both in the Formation of MOLLE(size in Small :3"x4.5" ; Medium :3"x6" ;Large/X-large/XX-Large :3"x7.5" ); One Strip of loop panel Sewn Along the Back of harness with different wide in each size ( Small: 2" ; medium/Large:3" ;X-large/XXL:4");One Square Loop panel Sewn on The Front Chest (Size in small:2"x 2" ; Medium:2"x 3" "; Large/X-large:2"x 4" ; XX-Large:3"x4") ,You Can Attach Many Patch to Identify Your Dog
If quality is your main concern, then we’d recommend taking a look at the rabbitgoo Tactical Dog Harness.
This particular tactical harness has been designed with heavy duty use in mind, so you can rest assured that it will last you for many years to come. It has been manufactured using a military standard material for added durability.
What we really loved about this tactical harness when we tested it is that it is fully adjustable. You won’t have to worry about your dog slipping around inside the harness, as you can adjust it to fit them properly.
There are multiple adjustable straps that you can use to adjust the fit as needed.
One of the best things about this tactical harness is the fact that it comes with a MOLLE style system.
This gives you better versatility, as you can use this MOLLE system to attach additional gear to the harness itself. Ideal if you want to take your dog camping or hiking.
You won’t have to worry about finding the right size for your dog. This particular tactical harness is available in multiple sizes, so you can easily find the right fit for your hound.
- Heavy duty – designed with military use in mind so will last you for many years to come
- Versatile – features a MOLLE style system for added versatility
- Multiple sizes – available in 4 different sizes to suit a variety of dog breeds
- Large – measures on the large side, so make sure you measure your dog properly
Also available at…
- Large Dog Molle Vest: Neck Girth: 24.8” - 34.6” (63 - 88cm), Chest Girth: 31.5” - 41.3” (80 - 105cm), Belly Length: 13.3” - 17.7” (34 - 44.5cm), Back Length: 11.4” (29cm). Ideal for Large Breeds such as German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, Golden Retrievers, Huskie, Labrador, Akita, etc. A professional working dog vest for service, police, or military dogs, but also suitable for hunting and all outdoor companion dogs
- Military-standard Material: Heavy duty vest made of 1050D Nylon with sturdy stitching for extra durability and wearability, suitable for all field use. Two Metal Shoulder Buckles can bear great pulling force, ensuring your dog is safely harnessed during training, hunting, working, and any other occasion. Well padded in every pressure load point to protect your dog, while the breathable air mesh keeps your dog ventilated and comfortable
- Practical Design For Versatile Use: Molle system equipped on both sides for pouches, water bottles, and tactical dog gear. Multiple Hook & Loop Panels for morale patches and badges to showcase your dog’s personality. A wide range of use for personal service, law enforcement, hunting, or outdoor recreation
- Maximum Control & Security: The dog safety harness features 2 Metal Leash Attachment Points for safer dog walks - One Front Clip for No-Pull control or dog training, and one Back Clip for casual walking or jogging. Reinforced top handle for additional control and easy lifting aid in both general and treacherous situations
- Easy Use With Full Adjustment: Put on and take off this easy dog harness with 4 quick-release buckles with no hassle. 5 fully adjustable straps (2 Shoulders, 2 Chest, 1 Belly) allow a snug fit with maximum mobility
The OneTigris Tactical Dog Harness Vest with Handle is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a dog harness that will give you better control. Not only does it come with multiple leash attachments, it also comes with a handle to give you a better grip of your dog.
We really liked how easy this tactical harness was to adjust when we tested it. There are multiple adjustable straps that you can use to get a better fit on your dog.
There are also several fast release buckles so that you can easily attach or remove the harness from your pet.
Finding the perfect fit for your dog will be a thing of the past with this brand of tactical harness. There are 4 different sizes for you to choose from so that you can find the best fit possible.
To ensure that you choose the right size for your dog, it’s recommended that you measure their chest beforehand.
You don’t have to worry about this tactical harness letting you down when you need it most. The OneTigris tactical harness has been designed with heavy duty use in mind.
So it will be more than capable of assisting you on a daily basis.
- Easy to adjust – features multiple adjustable straps as well as fast release buckles
- Multiple sizes – available in 4 different sizes so that you can find the perfect fit
- Heavy duty – designed to withstand whatever you and your dog have to throw at it
- Large sizes – some customers felt the sizes ran on the larger side
Also available at…
- Upgraded Version with Different Sizing: Please Reference to The Sizing Chart Durable Material & Soft Padded: Made with our high quality 1000D nylon and well padded in all pressure areas for a comfortable fit
- Easy Adjustable Dog Harness: Top handle for traffic control, 4 quick release buckles for easy put on and off while providing extra security; With one top handle for your dog’s lead & control and one V-ring on the front for dog leash attachment
- MOLLE System & Military Style: Each side features two MOLLE straps as well as hoop & loop strips panel to easily attach molle pouches or ID panels; OneTigris harness is not designed to bear heavy weights and we advise against relying solely on the grab handle to carry your dog
- Hook and Loop Panels for Attach Morale Patch: One full length strip of 9"long 2" wide heavy duty loop panel on the top for ID badges(Since the size is manually measured manually, there may be an error of 1 inch); One 3.5"long 2" wide loop panel on the neck strap
- Available in 5 colors & 5 size; Perfect for any occasions such like dog hiking, daily walking or training etc,. Measure around your dog's neck and chest to get the right fit (Measurement chart reference to the picture)
Last but not least is the BUMBIN Tactical Dog Harness. This particular tactical harness is a great pick if budget is your main concern.
It is more affordable than some of the more expensive harnesses that we reviewed, while also delivering solid results.
What we really liked about this tactical harness when we tested it was the fact that it comes with multiple leash attachments.
So you can easily choose the best leash attachment for your dog’s needs. If you want a no pull attachment, you can easily use the front leash attachment.
There’s no need to worry about finding the right sized harness for your dog’s breed. This particular tactical harness is available in multiple sizes so that you can choose the best for your needs.
There are also multiple colors to choose from so that you can find the best for your chosen activities.
This particular tactical harness has been manufactured using a durable material. So you can rest assured that it will last you for many years to come.
- Multiple sizes – choose the size that best fits your dog
- Durable material – designed to be breathable and hardwearing for your pet
- Multiple leash attachments – comes with a range of leash attachments for easier use
- Measuring – make sure to measure your dog before you purchase the harness to get the right size for their breed
Also available at…
- 🐾NEW NESTING BUCKLE: EASY TO GET ON/OFF- Size XL: Neck 22"-31", Chest 23"-42".🐾 Just cover the dog harness on the dog from the left side, then snap single side nesting buckle together and secure the plastic buckles. And also just release the three buckles to take off. The upgraded adjustment system with snaps eliminates the need to repeatedly adjust the dog harness, ONCE IS EQUAL TO FOREVER!
- 🐾NO PULL & STURDY BUCKLES: Provide better dog harness for dogs.🐾 Bumbin dog harness is equipped with 2 Sturdy Metal D-Rings for connecting the leash, reinforced on the extensional part. One Front Clip for No Pull control or dog training. One Back Clip for casual walking or jogging. Our plastic buckles withstand 2000N pulling force to ensure it won't be easily damaged. Recommended Large Dogs, such as Shepherd, Newfoundland, Doberman, Labrador, Alaska, German Shepherd, Large Bulldog, etc.
- 🐾DUARABLE & BREATHABLE MATERIAL: All Day Comfort.🐾 The heavy-duty vest made of soft cotton fabric with clear texture for the beautiful appearence. Extra durability and wear-ability, suitable for all field use. The soft padding can protect your dog's skin, while the breathable air mesh keeps your dog ventilated and comfortable. We will protect the comfort and health of the dog together with you.
- 🐾COMFTY & SAFE DESIGN: Be the best partner of your pets.🐾 The Bumbin dog harness helps you walk, run and play with your dog together. The arc of the harness back is extended to ensure comfort without scratching the dog’s skin. The reflective design all around the dog harness will keep you and your dog safe while going for a walk even at night.
- 🐾MORE DIY IS AVAILABLE: Your style is defined by yourself.🐾 Both sides are equipped with Molle system. Additional front morale patch and backside Velcro ID TAG STORAGE. The large area of Hook & Loop Panels allow you freely choose a variety of patches and badges to show your dog's personality. Friendly Reminder: Please refer to the size chart. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we are always ready for providing the best help.
Searching for the best tactical dog harness can be a real challenge. There are so many different things to consider, especially if you’ve never bought one before.
You may be wondering what features you will need to prioritize, but haven’t got a clue where to get started. Choosing the best tactical dog harness can be an overwhelming experience if you don’t know what to look for.
We’ve put together this helpful buyer’s guide to aid you in your search for the best tactical dog harness. We made sure to include all of the key criteria that we used to select the best products that we have reviewed in more detail above.
So as long as the tactical harness that you choose bears the below features in mind, you can rest assured that it will be perfect for your needs.
Let’s take a look at everything you need to know about tactical dog harnesses below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
The most important factor to consider is of course the size of the harness that you need. Tactical harnesses are made in several different sizes to accommodate several different breeds of dog.
Even though they were traditionally designed for larger dogs, there are also small, medium, and extra large sizes to choose from.
It will all come down to the breed of dog that you need to cater for. A dog such as a jack russell will need a small to medium harness, whereas a German shepherd will need a large harness.
Other large breeds such as Doberman or rottweiler will need a large to extra large harness.
If you’re not sure which size harness will suit your dog, it will be best to take their chest measurements. You can do this using a fabric tape measure.
Simply place the tape measure around your dog’s chest, and this will give you their chest measurements. This will then help you to find the right sized harness for your dog.
Making sure that you get the right sized harness for your dog will be crucial, as this will prevent them from escaping your new tactical harness.
If the harness is too big, this will give them too much room for escape and won’t be able to fit them properly.
Easy to adjust
It will be important to ensure that your chosen tactical harness is easy for you to adjust. This is because you will need to make sure that it is a comfortable fit for your dog so that you can avoid hurting them.
If the harness is too tight, this will of course hamper its function. By choosing a tactical harness that is easy to adjust, you can make it fit your dog even when their weight fluctuates.
Make sure that your chosen tactical harness has adjustable straps on the outside of the product so that you can easily adjust these when the harness is in place.
This will help you to find a more comfortable fit for your hound so that the harness can do its job.
It will of course be crucial to also ensure that the harness is super easy to use with your dog. Can you easily attach and detach the harness from your hound as needed?
Once you’ve got the basics covered, you will need to ensure that you opt for a heavy duty harness. This will be able to last you for many years to come, and will ensure that it can withstand when you put the harness through its paces.
Make sure to take a look at the materials used to construct the harness. Does it feature hardwearing materials and durable stitching? For any metal attachments, have these been made using durable stainless steel?
The more hardwearing your chosen tactical harness is, the longer it will last you. You won’t have to worry about the harness becoming damaged or unusable after the first few weeks of use.
Security and safety
With tactical harnesses, it is important to ensure that your chosen harness gives you and your dog the security and safety that you need.
Tactical harnesses have been designed to be more secure than a traditional harness or a collar and lead combination. They should feature multiple attachment points to make things even easier for you and your dog.
It will be worth noting how many leash attachments are supplied with your tactical harness of choice. Does it come with a front attachment for no-pull training?
Are there multiple attachments on the back of the harness so you can choose where to attach the leash for better control?
Once you’ve got these essentials covered, you can consider looking for a tactical harness that comes with a grip attachment so that you can get better control of your dog.
Easy To Clean
Now that you’ve got all of the essentials covered, it will be important to think of other practicalities such as how you’ll keep the harness clean.
It will be important to opt for a tactical harness that will be super easy to clean once you’ve finished using it. Especially if you’ve taken your dog out on a particularly muddy trail!
Is your chosen tactical harness suitable for machine washing? Or will it need to be washed by hand? You will have a better indication of this by paying more attention to the type of material used.
You will also need to ensure which is the best method to use to dry the harness out once you’ve finished cleaning it.
One of the best things about a tactical harness is how versatile they are. Not only can a tactical harness be used to give you better control of your dog, they can also be used to carry additional equipment.
This is why the vast majority of tactical harnesses will come with a MOLLE system, so that you can easily attach everything you need. This will include things like drinks canisters, lights, bags, or other gear that you need to take out with you on the trail.
The more versatile your chosen tactical harness is, the better. This will ensure that you can get more bang for your buck, as you won’t have to purchase other pieces of equipment to carry out the same purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Tactical Harnesses Good For Dogs?
Yes, tactical harnesses are very good for dogs. This style of dog harness works to give you better control of your dog, and means that they are less likely to escape when out and about.
Using a tactical harness will give you even better control over your dog, and can be used to reduce the amount your dog pulls and lunges.
A tactical harness is also a handy feature if you need to attach things like water bottles to the harness when you’re out on the trail.
What Is The Purpose Of A Tactical Harness?
Tactical harnesses are designed so as to give you better control over larger dogs such as German shepherds or Dobermans. They also have a more ergonomic design, which aids in giving you the control you need.
You will often see tactical harnesses used in both military and police work because of how useful they are. They can also be used to help identify service dogs, so as to let passersby know to leave the dog alone while they’re working.
What Is The Best Harness That A Dog Can’t Get Out Of?
The best tactical harnesses for dogs are:
- Auroth Tactical Dog Harness
- ICEFANG Tactical Dog Harness
- rabbitgoo Tactical Dog Harness
- OneTigris Tactical Dog Harness Vest with Handle
- BUMBIN Tactical Dog Harness
If your dog is notorious for slipping out of their harness, you can use one of the above tactical harnesses alongside a Martingale collar. This should prevent your dog from pulling their best Houdini impression.