Table of Contents
- Best Dog Bones For Aggressive Chewers
- Buyer’s Guide
- Is Your Dog An Aggressive Chewer?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Our dogs truly are our best friends. We wouldn’t know what to do without them. They’re so loveable, loyal and will lift your mood whenever they are near you.
What’s not so fun is when your dog chews up your favorite shoes, or you seem to be spending lots of money on different toys, ropes, plushies and bones and your dog still ends up destroying them.
What you may have is an aggressive chewer on your hands. Now, this doesn’t mean that your dog is aggressive in any way, and they do not have an aggressive personality, it just means that they get carried away with their toys.
Some dogs, such as working breeds, need a lot of physical stimulation, but also mental stimulation. This mental stimulation can come from playtime, training, puzzle toys and bones that can withstand a lot of chewing.
So, what are the best dog bones to keep aggressive chewers occupied? Let’s find out!
Our Top Pick
Our number one pick is the Nylabone DuraChew. Nylabone is renowned for their strong, healthy dog bones that are long lasting and satisfying for your furry friend.
With a strong construction, peanut butter flavor and chewy texture, this bone is sure to keep your dog occupied for hours!
Best Dog Bones For Aggressive Chewers
Nylabone Power Chew Dog Bone For Aggressive Chewers
When it comes to choosing a bone for an aggressive chewer, you cannot go wrong with a Nylabone. Nylabone is well known for their range of strong bones and chews that can discourage destructive behavior, and last even the most aggressive chewers.
Nylabones are so popular because of the sturdy nylon materials that these bones are made from. With an extremely durable construction, these bones are built to withstand aggressive chewers.
This particular bone is peanut butter flavored to keep your dog’s attention at all times, but it can also be purchased in various other flavors including bacon, chicken, beef jerky and more.
This Nylabone is formulated for aggressive chewers, and will be fun and occupying for them whilst satisfying their natural urge to chew due to the range of ridges and bumps for mental stimulation.
This is by far our dog’s favorite chew to bite down on, even when highly stimulated and chewing aggressively. So, if you want only the best for your canine companion, then this Nylabone Power Chew is the way to go.
- Made of durable nylon
- Occupying with multi textures for your dog to gnaw on
- Peanut butter flavor
- Comes in a range of sizes, from extra small to extra large
- Ridges and nubs to chew to prevent plaque
- Strong construction
- Can be very hard, so right size for breed and age must be selected
- FUN & OCCUPYING – Multi textured chew toy keeps dogs busy while satisfying their natural urge to chew
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON – Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH – Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as dogs chew
- MADE IN THE USA – Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
- PEANUT BUTTER FLAVOR THROUGHOUT – Flavored dog chew toy contains delicious peanut butter flavor dogs love
Nylabone Original Dog Bone
Our second choice would be another Nylabone. These bones are built to last, and the quality is outstanding, so it’s no wonder that they are some of the most highly recommended bones for aggressive chewers.
The Nylabone Original is a simple dog bone design, but can also be bought in various flavors and sizes for different breeds. With the original Nylabone, you can help aid your dog’s natural instinct to chew, whilst discouraging destructive chewing and promote good dental health.
Nylabones can also bring comfort to teething dogs, or service animals in training for extra mental stimulation and fun that will keep them happy and occupied for long periods of time.
- Comes in a range of flavors
- Available in multiple sizes
- Made of durable nylabone
- Designed for aggressive chewers
- Promotes dental health
- Keeps dogs busy
- Long lasting
- Not an edible dog bone
Also Available At: If you cannot find these items on Amazon, then the Nylabones are also available directly from the manufacturer at: https://www.nylabone.com
- FUN & OCCUPYING - Multi textured chew toy keeps dogs busy while satisfying their natural urge to chew
- MADE OF DURABLE NYLON - Long lasting dog chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers and discourages destructive chewing
- SUPPORTS DOG DENTAL HEALTH - Helps clean teeth and freshen breath as dogs chew
- MADE IN THE USA - Dog chew toy is proudly made in the United States
- FOR MEDIUM DOGS - Size Medium chew toy is intended for dogs up to 35 pounds
Benebone Durable Wishbone Toy For Aggressive Chewers
If you have an aggressive chewer at home, then you will have to try a Benebone Wishbone. These bones are incredibly popular among breeds that are prone to heavy chewing, and are designed with aggressive chewers in mind.
You can purchase a Benebone Wishbone in a variety of sizes, from small to giant, and in three different flavors. The great thing about these bones is that the flavors are real, and not artificial flavors, and trust us when we say that your dog will thank you for it.
What we’ve noticed with this dog bone is that it has a wishbone design, which makes it easy for your dog to grasp at the bone, holding it in place with their paw for easy gnawing and chewing, which ours definitely thoroughly enjoyed.
- Comes in four different sizes
- Available in bacon, chicken or peanut flavor
- Durable and long lasting
- Designed for extreme chewers
- Easy to chew
- Real flavors inside
- Curved shape for paw friendly grip
- Tough design
- Not edible
Also Available at:
Benebones are also available for purchase from the company directly https://www.benebone.com/ .
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL BACON! – We use only 100% REAL BACON for flavor. Trust us, dogs can tell the difference.
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a good chew going. Think about it: dogs don’t have thumbs.
- USA MADE – We make and source everything in the USA.
- HAPPINESS, GUARANTEED – Have an issue? Want to chat? Reach out to us directly and you’ll get a real person whose sole job is to make you and your pup happy.
Devil Dog PetCo Premium Elk Antlers For Dogs
If you would prefer to appease your dog’s chewing needs with a natural solution, then you are going to have to invest in some raw chews and bones such as Antler Dog Chews. By far the best on the market are the Devil Dog Co Antler Dog Chews.
These dog bones really made our pup go absolutely wild. They were salivating at the mouth just looking at them. But, even better, it kept them occupied, happily chewing away for hours.
The other great thing about these antler chews is that they are naturally sourced from the US, and are not sourced from farms or hunters for your peace of mind.
Unlike dog chews such as rawhide, these are not dangerous or prone to splitting when chewed.
In addition, other natural chews such as pig ears or Bully sticks can be really stinky when your dog is enjoying them, whereas the antlers are mess free and odorless.
If you want your dog to love you even more than they do now, then it is definitely worth getting them some antler chews. They’re tasty and fun for them to gnaw one, whilst also satisfying that urge to chew aggressively.
- Available in sizes from small to extra large
- Premium grade whole antler chew
- Long lasting, high quality chew
- All natural, clean and odorless
- Wild sourced
- Keeps dogs physically and mentally stimulated
- Real elk antler – will need supervision whilst chewing
Also Available At:
You can also purchase premium natural elk dog chews from Devil Dog PetCo: https://devildogpetco.com/collections/premium-elk-antler-dog-chews .
- Premium Elk Antler Dog Chews - You get a premium, grade-A whole antler chew. Each piece has been individually inspected, weighed and measured to ensure it meets our high standards
- Happy Dog Happy Life - Boredom is one of the main reasons your dog will get in trouble. Split elk antler chews will keep your dog physically and mentally stimulated day after day. Our premium split antler dog chews are long lasting, of the highest quality and perfect for non-aggressive chewers. We only deal with the top 5% of antler chews on the market
- Your Best Friend Deserves The Best - Unlike rawhides which have been shown to be dangerous; Bully sticks and pig ears which can be messy and stinky, our whole antler dog chews are all-natural, clean, odorless. Antler chews are an amazing source of essential nutrients. We NEVER source from elk farms or hunters. All of our antlers are wild sourced from the Rocky Mountain region of the USA
- You Are Helping To Save Dog Lives - Devil Dog Pet Co runs a featured rescue program. A percentage of every sale is set aside and given to that featured rescue
- Warning About Antler Chews - They are a product of nature which means each piece is unique and will vary in size, shape, weight, density, and hue of color.
Indestructible Dog Chew Toy For Aggressive Chewers
You may have exhausted all other efforts in finding chews and bones for your aggressively chewing dog, and looking for something that will truly last.
You can’t always keep buying raw bones as this soon becomes very expensive, so your dog will need a bone toy that can keep them occupied and last longer than a couple of minutes before being destroyed.
Enter the Tikaton Indestructible Dog Chew Bone For Aggressive Chewers. This is a bone shaped toy that is completely pet friendly, durable, sturdy, non toxic and fun for your furry friend to chew on.
In addition, it comes in multiple sizes, and has a strong beef flavor to entice your dog to chew and chew on this toy for long periods of time.
If you’ve got a dog that loves to chew, and they’ve destroyed all other toys, then it could be time to try out this ‘Indestructible’ dog bone toy.
- Available in medium and large
- Bone chew toy
- Safe, pet friendly materials
- Durable, non toxic
- Fun to chew
- Bone shaped design
- Only available in 2 sizes
- May not be suitable for extremely aggressive chewers
- Nylon dog toy provides safer alternative to real sticks, satisfies the natural urge to chew.
- Real-looking bone shape makes it easy for you pet to recognize, creats positive association with toys for dogs and reduces their anxiety and boredom.
- Built to withstand hours of playtime, safe non-toxic, tough and durable.
- Features a tempting beef scent to peak your dog's interest and deliver chewing satisfaction. Your dog must love it !
- Indestructible dog chew toys for medium dogs up to 60 pounds.
Things To Consider When Purchasing Dog Bones For Aggressive Chewers
When purchasing dog bones for aggressive chewers, there are a few things that you will need to consider.
For instance, one of the most important factors is the durability and safety of the dog bone, but there are things such as bone style, how fun it is for your dog, whether it is suitable and what it is made from.
Durability and strength is one of the most important factors when buying bones for aggressive chewers.
If your dog tends to get overly excited with its bones, then you need to ensure that the ones you purchase for them are specifically designed for an aggressive chewer, so that you are not wasting your money, and you know it will stand the test of time.
Another important factor is the safety of the bone. Some natural bones claim to be good for your dog, such as rawhide and other raw bones, but they may actually do more harm than good.
Rawhide can get lodged in your dog’s digestive system and make them incredibly unwell, whilst some natural, raw bones can splinter and harm your fur-baby.
Make sure that the bones you choose are safe for your dog, especially if they pose a choking hazard.
You should also consider what kind of bone you want to give the aggressive chewer in your life. Is it a durable nylabone they need? Or a natural, raw bone to keep them occupied and happy?
Some dogs prefer chewing bones to play with and gnaw on all day, in which case a fun chew toy could be beneficial. Think about what would best suit and please your canine companion.
You also need to think about whether the bone will occupy your furry friend and keep them happy and mentally stimulated. The bone should be fun, inviting, or sometimes even flavored to keep your dog interested and occupied.
Suitable For Size Of Dog
Bones come in all different shapes and sizes, but so do our canine companions, so make sure that you select one that is suitable for the breed of dog, and the right size so that your dog will not hurt itself.
What materials the dog bone is made from is also paramount. You need to ensure that it is long lasting, strong, and safe for your dog.
Good For Dental Health
Another factor to think about is whether the chew is good for your dog’s dental health. This kind of kills two birds with one stone, as the chew will be strong and fun for an aggressive chewer, whilst it is also aiding their health.
Is Your Dog An Aggressive Chewer?
Dogs can be aggressive chewers if they enjoy playing a lot with toys, having things in their mouths and tearing their toys apart.
You may have noticed that any soft toys that you give your dog, whether it’s a plushie or a rope toy ends up looking like it’s been massacred in no time at all. This means that your dog is an aggressive chewer.
The most common dog breeds that are aggressive chewers are Labradors, Border Collies, Jack Russel Terriers, Golden Retrievers and Beagles.
This is largely due to the fact that they are working dog breeds, originally bred to retrieve game or working with humans as herding dogs, hunting dogs and retrieving dogs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have some more queries regarding dog bones for aggressive chewers, then take a look at this frequently asked question section that can offer you some helpful information and answers.
How Do I Know If My Dog Is An Aggressive Chewer?
What we know about our animals is that dogs love to chew, and it’s completely natural for them.
Being descendants from wolves and having initially lived in the wild before becoming domesticated, dogs enjoy carrying things in their mouths and tapping into their hunter instincts from time to time.
Many dogs like to sit with a bone, or a chew toy, as this will keep them occupied for hours.
The difference between a non aggressive chewer and an aggressive chewer is that an aggressive chewer tends to chew their toys with such vigor and enthusiasm that the toy will become broken, damaged, or they may even swallow the toy that they are chewing.
Dogs will chew aggressively for a range of different reasons, and it does not mean that they are aggressive dogs.
Most of the time, a dog will chew aggressively as a means of relieving stress or anxiety, or if they are excited and stimulated, or simply because they are bored.
What Bones Are Best For Aggressive Chewers?
We highly recommend the Nylabone Power Chew: as this is specifically made for aggressive chewers. Along with the Nylabone original chews, as these can aid your dog’s teeth, and keep them happily chewing all day long.
What Natural Bones Are Safe For Dogs To Chew?
If you want to give your dog safe natural bones for them to chew, then you’ll need to know which ones can be consumed safely and which ones may not be suitable.
For example, we would advise not to give cooked turkey, chicken or pork bones as these are prone to splintering, which could injure or hurt your dog.
Instead, you will want to purchase raw beef shank bones or antlers so that your dog will not swallow them or damage their teeth.
Dogs will also enjoy natural chews such as pig’s ears, or antlers, just make sure that whatever natural bones you give your dog, you supervise them so that there is no risk of choking.
Are Nylabones Veterinarian Recommended?
Yes, Nylabones are veterinarian recommended as they help to massage and sooth the gums whilst also cleansing the teeth of any plaque and build up.
This is vital in keeping your dog healthy and their teeth hygienic and strong. They are also very durable and reliable, specifically designed for chewing.